Dynamic Spectrum Sharing 5G Prototype(s) at Hill AFB, UT
End Date: 3QFY20
Funding is for development of a 5G Prototype Testbed, 5G Prototype Enhancements, and 5G Prototype Applications to demonstrate and experiment with effective methodologies (hardware, software, and systems) for dynamic spectrum sharing enhanced by 5G communications technologies.
Reference: Solicitation #: W15QKN-15-9-1004; NSC-20-RPP-03
AFRL Broad Agency Announcement – Assured and Trusted Microelectronics Solutions (ATMS)
End Date: November 29, 2023
Funding for S&T development effort to identify and mature technologies for assessing assurance risk for microelectronics designs across the component lifecycle.
Space Development Agency
SDA Releases six Small Business Opportunities
Original Response Date: March 31, 2021
SDA is issuing six Small Business Opportunities (SBO) under the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs, inviting submissions of innovative research proposals supporting the advancement of the National Defense Space Architecture. These six SBOs are issued under the SDA Broad Agency Announcement for SBIR/STTR, HQ085021S0001. The opportunities open under pre-release rules on February 12, with proposal submissions accepted from March 9, 2021 through March 31, 2021.
Technical focus areas include:
- Free-Space Optical Communication (FSOC) Technology for Optical Intersatellite Links (OISLs) (SBIR)
- L-Band Multiband/Interleaved Electronically Scanned Array (ESA) Antenna (SBIR)
- Mesh Network NSA Certifiable Cryptographic Solution (SBIR/STTR)
- Advanced Space Mesh Networking (SBIR/STTR)
All proposals in response to these technical areas must be submitted in accordance with the instructions provided under HQ085021S0001, found here: beta.SAM.gov website.
Small Business Resources
Independent Research & Development (IR&D) is a key source of innovation for the department. We encourage private entities to get involved through the means below.
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
DARPA pursues opportunities for transformational change rather than incremental advances. It does so collaboratively as part of a robust innovation ecosystem that includes academic, corporate, and governmental partners. DARPA relies on these diverse performers from throughout this ecosystem to apply multi-disciplinary approaches to advance basic research and create innovative technologies.
Defense Innovation Unit
DIU provides revenue to companies in the form of prototype contracts (a Commercial Solutions Opening based on the Other Transaction authority) to solve DoD problems. These prototype awards can include hardware, software, or unique projects. More importantly, after a successful prototype, the company involved and any DoD entity can enter into follow-on production contracts.
(U.S. Air Force photo by J.M. Eddins Jr.)
Everything you need in one place
The Defense Innovation Marketplace has more than 44,500 industry IR&D projects. Learn about and leverage industry's innovative technology projects.
- Government Portal
- Steps to Access Proprietary Industry IR&D Data
- Industry Portal
- Providing a centralized resource for the Department’s Acquisition and Science and Technology professionals on information about industry’s Independent research and development activities.
- Communities of Interest
- The Communities of Interest (CoIs) were established as a mechanism to encourage multi-agency coordination and collaboration in cross-cutting technology focus areas with broad multiple Component investment.
- Technology Interchange Meetings
- Technology Interchange Meetings (TIMs) allow DoD and industry/academia to cooperate on Research and Engineering technology challenges.