Online Cyber Resilient Weapon Systems Body of Knowledge Version 3.2 for Engineering Workforce
NEWS RELEASE: August 31, 2023
The DoD announced the Version 3.2 release of the Online Cyber Resilient Weapon Systems Body of Knowledge (CRWS-BoK). This free resource provides publicly available information to assist the public and private sector workforce in designing, engineering, and safeguarding CRWS. The System Security (SysSec) Directorate in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering first launched this vital resource in May 2021 for the system security engineering (SSE) and science and technology (S&T) communities. Since then, SysSec has launched several version updates to enhance the user experience.
Version 3.2 highlights include:
- A completely reworked Guided Search that provides a refreshed look and feel
- A newly added Advanced Search for Engineering Design Patterns, allowing users to pre-select keywords and filters to quickly and easily find design patterns for their engineering needs
- Video streaming functionality and enhanced video quality offering more efficient and improved viewing of video resources
- Improved security and privacy features
- New and improved filters make it easier for users to quickly refine search results
- Improved search capabilities, including more robust Saved Search, allows users to update an existing saved search and offers the ability to search either everything, just design patterns, or just resources
- A newly added Admin Interface that lets curators easily add or remove design patterns or resources directly as opposed to using an external interface
- An improved News widget allowing curators to more efficiently add links and providing users the ability to directly access highlighted resources of interest
"With our latest version 3.2 rollout, we've deeply focused on refining the user journey. The reimagined Guided Search and Advanced Search for Engineering Design Patterns are not just upgrades; they're pathways to ensure users find what they need more intuitively and efficiently. Our emphasis on improved video streaming and heightened security means users can access resources with confidence and clarity," said Ms. Melinda Reed, SysSec Director. "Every enhancement we make to CRWS-BoK is a step toward fortifying our Nation's technological forefront, ensuring our defense workforce is empowered and our warfighters are robustly supported." R&E also partners with SSE and S&T professionals through the SysSec Directorate to foster assured resilient missions, systems, and components. By leveraging best practices, SysSec is able to promote innovation that empowers the Nation’s SSE and S&T workforce to design CRWS capable of operating effectively amidst persistent cyber threats.
For additional information and to register for a free account, please visit the Online CRWS-BoK at https://www.crws-bok.org/. The site is optimized for Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari browsers.
Office of the Under Secretary of Defense,
Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E))
3030 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3030